COVID-19 Consent for Treatment/Procedure/Surgery
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization.
- Individuals can unknowingly transmit COVID-19 without displaying any symptoms.
- It is impossible to determine with certainty who is infected with COVID-19 and who is not given the current limits of testing.
- COVID-19 tests may fail to detect the virus and those who have received a negative test result may have the virus or may have contracted the virus after being tested.
- COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread by contact with respiratory droplets from infected persons either directly or through contact with surfaces around those infected.
- As a result, Federal and State health agencies have recommended social distancing.
- There is an increased risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 not only by virtue of proceeding with this treatment/procedure/surgery but also by virtue of being present in the Hospital during the pandemic.
- If I have a COVID-19 infection, even if I do not have any symptoms for the same, proceeding with this treatment/procedure/surgery can lead to a higher chance of complications including death.
- Specifically, possible exposure to COVID-19 before/during/after my treatment/procedure/surgery may result in the following: a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, extended quarantine/self-isolation, additional tests, hospitalization that may require medical therapy, intensive care treatment, possible need for intubation/ventilator support, short-term or long-term intubation, the need for additional medical care and/or hospitalization, other potential complications, and death.
- Because the nature of the virus is not yet completely understood, the increased risk associated with the treatment/procedure/surgery cannot yet be quantified and there may be additional risks, which may not currently be known at this time.
We have extensive trial experience and a trial preparation process structured to benefit from the perspectives of our junior members while growing their knowledge base.
We stay on top of the latest technology to craft exhibits and demonstrations that help us successfully make the case to juries.
We have a regional footprint in Oklahoma City and Tulsa along with a national presence, thanks to a reputation built on successful outcomes overseeing large multistate cases.
We create efficiencies through integrated services and a one-stop shop approach. We provide comprehensive legal services under one roof.